Content and social media marketing really do work. Don’t just take our word for it. Here are the facts and stats to prove it.
Reasons you need to use content
1. 200 million people now use ad blockers, so paid ads no longer reach audiences. Consumers look for relevant, useful content instead.
2. Content marketing generates 7.8X more site traffic than other forms of marketing.
3. 56% of marketers believe that personalised content promotes higher engagement rates.
4. Marketers who produce high-quality, relevant content enjoy audiences who spend significant time on their sites.
5. Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing, it generates more than three times as many leads.
Blogging still matters
6. Blogging is still the most popular form of content marketing, and it continues to grow. More than 409 million people view more than 23.6 billion pages each month on WordPress alone.
7. Businesses using blogs are known to generate 67% more leads.
8. 92% of bloggers who posted multiple times on a daily basis were successful in acquiring a customer via their blog. This figure is 66% for those blogging on a monthly basis and 43% for bloggers who created a post less often than once in a month.
9. Marketers who have prioritised blogging are 13x more likely to enjoy positive ROI.
10. On average, companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages.
Social media continues its dominance
11. 2.8 billion people are on social media, up 21% from 2015.
12. Social media use on mobile increased by 30% year-over-year in 2016, surpassing 2.5 billion users globally (91%of all social media users).
13. In the UK 77% of people have a social media account.
14. Social media use in Europe grew by 5% to pass 400 million users across the continent, 85% of whom access social on mobile platforms each month.
15. Of UK adults who have a social media account, 34% say they would rather engage with a brand/organisation on social media than visit a physical location.
The power of Facebook
17. It remains the most-used social media site among all ages.
18. It spans generations — 83% of parents with a teen between the ages of 13 & 17 are friends with their child on Facebook.
19. Facebook accounts for one in every six minutes spent online and one in every five minutes spent on mobile.
Instagram is the darling of social
21. Instagram has more than 400 million active monthly users. Of its user base, 75% are outside the US.
23. Instagram has the highest per follower engagement rate of any of the major social networks at 2.3%.
24. Instagram has 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook. A whopping 68% of Instagram users engage with brands regularly.
25. Instagram users are 2.5X more likely to click on ads than users on other social media platforms.
Video is the fastest growing content form
26. YouTube has over 1 billion users, and almost one-third of all people on the internet are YouTube users.
27. It reaches more 18 to 34 and 18 to 49-year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
30. YouTube viewers who completed a TrueView ad are 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to a brand channel, watch more by the brand, or share the brand video.
Why you can’t rule Twitter out
32. Every second, 6,000 Tweets are sent.
33. 86% of Twitter users say they use the site for news, 81% of users say they keep up with the news daily, and 40% of Twitter users use the site to be alerted to breaking news.
34. Twitter users are 3X as likely as Facebook users to follow a brand, with 49% of monthly Twitter users following brands or companies.
35. 42% of users learn about products and services via Twitter, 41% of users provide opinions about products or services on Twitter, and 19% of users seek customer support on Twitter.