How to create a hashtag feed from Instagram?
Are you looking to display a hashtag feed from Instagram on your website or another digital service? Here’s a quick tutorial on how to set up it up on Flockler and display Instagram images on any digital service (websites, mobile apps, digital screens, etc.).
Before getting started
With all the 3rd party applications like Flockler, Instagram requires the user to have an Instagram Business account. Also, the account needs to be connected with the organisation’s Facebook Page.
However, you don't need to be an admin of any specific Business account. As long as you are an admin of at least one Facebook Page and Instagram Business Account, you can gather content of any Page or Business Account.
Don’t know if your organisation has the Instagram Business account connected with the Facebook Page?
Don’t worry, here are instructions on how to make sure you've got them connected.
To connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page:
- Login to Facebook.com
- Navigate to Facebook Page you administrate
- Click 'Settings' on the top right
- Click 'Instagram' on the left
- The Instagram account of your organisation should appear on the right. If it shows up, you are ready to set up with Flockler. If it doesn't show up, click to "Login" with Instagram credentials, and follow the process.
Or altenatively, connect an Instagram account via Business Manager:
- Go to your Business Manager.
- Click 'Business Settings' in the top-right corner.
- Select 'Accounts > Instagram Accounts' from the menu on the left.
- Click 'Add'.
- Enter your Instagram account credentials, and then click 'Next'.
- Select the ad accounts that will have access to advertise on the Instagram account, and then click Next'.
- Click Done.
Great, now let's move on to Flockler and create a hashtag feed.
Setting up the Instagram hashtag feed on Flockler
Here's how you can set up an Instagram hashtag feed on Flockler:
- Make sure you've read carefully 'Before getting started' section above.
- Click 'Automated Feeds' after login.
- Select a channel: Instagram.
- Connect your personal Facebook account that has admin rights of the Facebook Page (and as explained above, the Facebook Page has an Instagram Business account connected). We don't store any information or content from your personal Facebook account, but it's required to verify you are the admin of at least one Facebook Page and Instagram Business account.
- Type the hashtag you’d like to display on your website (or display content from any Instagram Business account).
- Save the feed and move on to 'Display' tab.
At the start Flockler will gather some of the latest posts available on Instagram. All the future content will be gathered every 5-15 minutes and displayed on your service.
Display an Instagram hashtag feed on any digital service
After setting up the feed, click 'Display' tab on Flockler and share the code with your favourite developer. The embed code can be added to any digital service.
By default, the embed code displays the content with a social wall, grid or carousel layout, but you can edit the look & feel via settings of each layout. With the help of Flockler team or your developers, you can customize the layout even further.
Examples of Instagram hashtag feeds on websites
Here are a few examples of an Instagram feed displayed on a website using the wall, grid, and carousel layouts.
A colourful social media wall of Instagram images on Explore France’s campaign page.
A grid of Instagram images on the homepage of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises.
A carousel of Instagram images on the homepage of Duncan Hamilton ROFGO.
To learn more, don’t hesitate to click the chat icon at the bottom right corner or contact us via email. We’re always happy to help you get started.