How to create a hashtag feed from Instagram?
Are you looking to display a hashtag feed from Instagram on your website or another digital service? Here’s a quick tutorial on how to set up it up on Flockler and display Instagram images on any digital service (websites, mobile apps, digital screens, etc.).
Before getting started
With all the 3rd party applications like Flockler, Instagram requires the user to connect Instagram Business account. Also, the account needs to be connected with the organisation’s Facebook Page.
Don’t know if your organisation has the Instagram Business account connected with the Facebook Page?
Don’t worry, check the video below to make sure you’ve got one. You'll need an Instagram app installed on your phone.
If you don't have the Instagram app installed on your phone, try this alternative:
- Login to Facebook.com
- Navigate to Facebook Page you administrate
- Click 'Settings' on the top right
- Click 'Instagram' on the left
- The Instagram account of your organisation should appear on the right. If it shows up, you are ready to set up with Flockler. If it doesn't show up, you'll need to follow the instructions of the video above.
Setting up the Instagram hashtag feed on Flockler
Here's how you can set up an Instagram hashtag feed on Flockler:
- Make sure you've read carefully 'Before getting started' section above.
- Click 'Automated Feeds' after login.
- Select a channel: Instagram.
- Connect your personal Facebook account that has admin rights of the Facebook Page (and as explained above, the Facebook Page has an Instagram Business account connected). We don't store any information or content from your personal Facebook account, but it's required to verify you are the admin of the Page and Instagram Business account.
- Type the hashtag you’d like to display on your website (or display content from your Instagram account).
- Save the feed and move on to 'Embed Codes' tab.
Please note that Instagram only provides the past 24 hours of content for 3rd party applications like Flockler. However, all the future content will be gathered every 5-15 minutes and displayed on your service.
Display an Instagram hashtag feed on any digital service
After setting up the feed, click 'Embed Codes' tab on Flockler and share the code with your favourite developer. The embed code can be added to any digital service.
By default, the embed code displays the content with a social wall layout, but you can edit the look & feel with the help of Flockler team or your developers.
Here’s how the social wall looks on a website:
To learn more, don’t hesitate to click the chat icon at the bottom right corner or contact us via email. We’re always happy to help you get started.