An inspirational social wall on your website helps potential customers to view your products in a real-life context and discover how they are used by others like them. Displaying a social media feed and 'social proof' from peers on a product page increases conversion rates and dwell time on your site.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add social media feeds on your website:
- Add content and social media feeds
- Copy & paste an embed code on any website
1. Add content and social media feeds
Here's how you can create a social media feed on Flockler:
- Click 'Automated Feeds' after login
- Select a channel; Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or Facebook
- Connect your social media account
- Add all the hashtags or usernames you’d like to display on your social wall
- Save the feed and move on to step 2.
2. Copy & paste an embed code on any website
You can find your embed code by clicking ‘Embed codes’ after login. Copy and paste the embed code on any website. Our embed code automatically creates a social wall layout, but you can overwrite its styles with a few lines of CSS.
Here’s an example how a social media feed looks on a website:
Qloom, a Swiss cycling and mountain biking clothes retailer, has built #MyHeartGoesQloom community and the social media feeds are displayed on the homepage and on a separate community landing page. Product feedback and reviews from peers inspire customers and increase both dwell time and conversion rates on your site.
If you have a WordPress site, download our plugin.
Even if your social media feeds are displaying content automatically on your website, you can always hide unwanted or inappropriate content from your social wall. Click the ‘Hide’ icon on the right:
There’s also an option to block content posted by a specific user or content mentioning certain keywords. You can set up blocked usernames and keywords by navigating to ‘Automated Feeds’ after login.
For more tutorials, check our Help Center, or hit chat button on the bottom left corner to discuss with our team.
How to inspire customers to create and share user-generated content?
Most companies already have engaged customers sharing content mentioning a branded hashtag or the brand’s username but, if you don’t, here’s how you should get started:
- Ask your customers to give feedback and share product ideas and experiences with a specific hashtag. Add call-to-action to your website, but also to all marketing materials such as posters, leaflets, emails, etc.
- Use social media aggregator tools like Flockler to gather, analyse, and measure the most popular content and to identify who are the most engaged and influential users sharing the content.
- Reward the best ones with an add-on to your current product or provide them with something extra like a coupon to purchase your services at a discount.
- Amplify the most popular content by sharing, commenting, and liking it, displaying it on your site and measuring which pieces of content are resonating with your target audience and customers. For inspiration, see how Planet Fitness is doing it.
For more inspiration, learn how to launch a UGC marketing campaign with influencers.